GENERAL MANAGER - Inter-Mountain Fair
The Board of Directors of The Inter-Mountain Fair Heritage Foundation is undertaking a search for the position of full time General Manager at The Inter-Mountain Fair and Event Center. Located in McArthur, California, The Inter-Mountain Fair will be celebrating its one hundredth year in 2018. While the Inter-mountain Fair was Shasta County’s original fair, it is now privately managed by The Inter-mountain Fair Heritage Foundation and serves communities in Eastern Shasta County, Northwestern Lassen County and Southwestern Modoc County. The Inter-Mountain Fair and Event Center is a non-profit organization.
The General Manager is tasked with coordinating and managing all aspects of the Inter-Mountain Fair and Event Center. This is a full-time position which places equal emphasis on the annual fair and events scheduled through-out the rest of the year.
The ideal candidate, without limitation:
• Will thrive in a rural community;
• Is an innovative leader who is entrepreneurial and creative with the ability to think unconventionally;
•Will demonstrate ability to execute innovative and successful fundraising strategies and plans; possesses strong organizational skills to establish a course of action and accomplish immediate and long-term goals;
• Shall have the ability to analyze and implement the needs and demands of the community for recreational, cultural and social facilities, and programs, with the goal of identifying and developing new revenue streams;
• Has excellent leadership, motivation, team building and conflict resolution skills.
•Will take reasonable risks and show initiative, promote and welcome new, creative ideas and changes; and address the fiscal challenges facing the California fair industry.
• Will maintain cooperative working relations with various groups and individuals including fair department heads, creative team members, carnival operators, livestock advisory groups and business and community organizations.
Salary range: $70,000 to $90,000 Depending on qualifications and experience.
Please see link to full Duty Statement below.
Resumes with cover letter must be received by April 6, 2018 and should be sent To:
C/O Law Office of Randall Harr
44282 State Route 299E
McArthur CA, 96056
Resumes with cover letter can also be emailed to:
Please put General Manager in subject line.
Please do not contact the fair office regarding this position.
For questions about the position please call Brent Cassity 530-355-7307
General Manager Job Description- Click Here